Preparation time: 1 hour
4 Medium Tomatoes on the wine.
1 Bay Leaf
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 and 1/2 t sp Corn Flour/Corn Starch
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
1 T sp Cream
1/2 Medium Red Bell pepper
1/2 t sp Sugar
White Pepper - to taste
Salt - to taste
1 piece 1" by 1" square Paneer to display (Optional)
Mint Leaves - Optional for Garnishing.
1. Chop Tomatoes and Mix all ingredients except Paneer and Cream.
2. Add 4 cups of water.
3. If you have a pressure cooker, then pressure cook until 3 whistles on medium flame. If you do not have pressure cooker, then cook for about 30-40 minutes low medium flame.
4. Once cooked, let it cool for about 30 minutes and the put it in blender.
5. Blend it for 2-3 minutes and then sieve the seeds.
6. Everybody has different sourness preferences. Before finally boiling it with cream taste the soup, if you think it is not enough sour then you can add some lemon juice( to taste) .
7. Now, boil the soup and in a small cup take some soup and mix the cream well before adding it to soup. This prevents cream from curdling.
8. Cut Paneer into heart or star shape using cookie cutters or edge of the knife.And Garnish.
Super Quick Tasty Tomato Basel Soup
1. Tomato Basel Ragu Sauce
2. Fresh Basel leave/Dried Basel
3. Dried Oregano
4. 1/2 cup Sour cream
5. 1 C Cream
6. 1and /2 t sp Sugar
1. Boil these together - Tomato Basel Ragu Sauce, Fresh Basel leave or dried Basel leaves and Dried Oregano leaves.
2. Pour 2 Table spoon Ragu sauce in a bowl and mix sour cream and cream and mix it back with the soup.
3. Add Sugar and let boil.
I prefer little tomato chunks. If you do not like them then you can blend it and then serve.
NOTE: I really like the Sweet Tomato Basel soup from Cosi's. I thought I should give it a try. It was very close.
Spinach Tomato Soup
Just Amazing Mexican Soup for parties
Preparation time - 10 minutes;Cooking time : 1 hour
Serves: 15 people.
1 Can black beans
1 can dark kidney beans
1 can corn
1/2 bottle Ragu Sauce (Garden style)
1 C Whipped cream
Dried Basil leaves
Dried Oregano leaves
1 Tsp - Corn flour to thicken the soup.
Mix everything except whipped cream and corn flour and let it simmer for 1 hour.
Mix corn flour and water separately and then add to soup(This prevents the corn flour from creating lumps)
Similarly add little soup and whipped cream in a separate bowl and pour it in the soup.